Completed window coverings (pic at rightShellacked and rubbed out birch panels that were replaced, and rubbed out existing panels.
Refinished cabinets and drawers including shining up hinges and pulls
- soak hinges in denatured alcohol and lacquer thinnner.
- 0000 steel wool and elbow grease.
Rebuilt the ice box (no pics) which was really easy. Getting it out of the cabinet was pretty easy. Mine also fit right through the door.
- unscrew latch and hinges and hinges
- take apart door and put double bubble wrap insulation
- Paint with rustoleum
- Re install with stiff pink insulation and aluminum butyl tape.
- Add new gasket for door (just used double door insulation strip that I had already, stapled in)
- Make sure to retain slope so that ice can drain!
- Secure box to cabinetry with long finish nails (this is how they did it).
- Reinstall door hinges and latch
Built an actual frame for the bed in the back during our trip and even Coloma TCT rally we were sleeping on pieces of plywood on top of Home Depot Crates. The new bed is great, with a 3 inch piece of foam and memory foam topper.
Upholster dinette seats (this is gonna be a fun project as I'm going to be upcycling vinyl left over from conventions etc see http://www.elbowgreasedesigns.com/ for an idea of it)
New boomerang formica for the table and countertop